|Department:||Adolescent/Broad Ripple High School|
|Description:||IU Medical Group Primary Care is looking for a Pediatric or Family Practice Nurse Practitioner to work at our Broad Ripple High School setting. This position is a job-shared position. Predominately, this position see students for sports physical, sick visits, contraceptive care, screnning/treatment for STDs and chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, obesity, mental health issues. This position may occasionally work at the Juvenile Detention Center. |
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND GENERAL DUTIES:
1. Provides initial and ongoing assessment of patients: medical, physical and psychosocial status including: a. Obtaining relevant health and medical history from patients and/or caregivers, b. Performing physical exam appropriate for age and history, including comprehensive functional assessment when clinically indicated, c. Conducting preventive screening procedures based on age and history, d. Identifying medical and health risks and needs, e. Updating and recording changes in health status, f. Ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, g. Identifying the needs of the individual family or community as a result of the evaluation of the collected data, h. Formulating the appropriate differential diagnosis based on history, physical exam, clinical findings and diagnostic test findings, i. Developing care plan and communicating plan to patient, their care giver, or family, j. Identifying non-pharmacologic interventions and prescribing non-pharmacologic therapies; identifying pharmacologic interventions and prescribing pharmacologic therapies when having approved prescriptive authority from the State of Indiana, k. Providing relevant patient education, l. Making appropriate referrals to physicians and other health professionals and community agencies, m. Determining the effectiveness of care plans for documentation of patient outcomes and reassessing and modifying the plan that is necessary to achieve medical and health goals, communicates findings and plan of care to patient, their care giver or family.
2. Participates in quality improvement review on a periodic basis, including systematic review of records and treatment plans, helps disseminate findings and implement plans for improvement.
3. Serves as educational resource for other IUMG staff.
4. Serves as a member of various IUMG committees dealing with healthcare.
5. Completes and maintains written records in a timely fashion and in compliance with NCQA and IU Medical Group standards.
|Qualifications:||The NP will provide both medical care and care management with weekly team meetings to promote the best quality of life for these students. Candidates must possess certification as a nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority. Ideal candidate will have care management and pediatric experience.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.